It's that time of year once again; the days are short, the air is cool, the shops are full of cosy winter woollies and the streets are sparkling with festive lights.
"We love this time of year"
If you are anything like Helen and I, you're starting to think about what to buy for your friends and family, but we are slight shopaholics and every year we go to the shops we get distracted... everything and I mean everything is shouting "Buy me, Buy me!" So this year we are going to keep our credit cards in our purses (within reason) and create a Christmas wish list for our other halves. This year we've decided to blog our finds and we hope you find some inspiration from our rather substantial list!
Every girl should have a go to little black outfit for the gym; the little black dress of the sports world that never fails to deliver anything but class and style.
1. First on our list are the Becky legging (£78) by Varley (www.varley.store). They are manufactured with a seamless knit and laser cut mesh for additional ventilation with the added benefit of sculpting. Where they sculpt we're not sure but if they give us legs and bum like the below we want to try them!!
2. The Varley Grayson bra (£52) (www.varley.store) sits perfectly with the Becky leggings with the same seamless knitted fabric and perforated mesh on the back to help with ventilation.
3. If you're like us and are not confident in just a legging and bra (!!) we are loving this classic logo printed cotton jersey Issy vest (£50) by the Upside in www.activeinstyle.com. It has dropped armholes that allows you to move freely whatever you're doing.
4. We have found the most gorgeous hoodie (£54) by Adidas Originals in www.very.co.uk that is a must have for this season....it's cropped, a beautiful maroon colour and a plush velour fabric what more could you ask for?
5. There are so many sports watches to choose from. Some are seriously high tech but we're looking for something that we can wear to the office, the gym and out to dinner. The watch for us is the Garmin Vivomove HR Smart Watch found on Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk).
It's a stylish hybrid watch and it tracks your steps, floors climbed, calories burned, heart rate and intensity along with a few other great little features like smart notifications from your phone.
6. We both struggle to keep headphones in our ears whilst running and constantly play with them putting them at different angles, it drives us round the bend! We found these Wireless In Ear Headphones (£18.99) by Anker on Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk). With 4.5 stars, a reasonable price and over 3.5K reviews it seems a no brainer to give these a try.`
Both Helen and I tend to sit on the smart/casual fence when it comes to fashion. We have slightly different styles but we've chosen something that we both would wear; a classic but modern on trend outfit that would see you from the office to dinner.
1. Logo jumpers are all the rage at the moment and on trend, but they are every where you look so we wanted to include something slightly different. We both loved this fierce printed sweatshirt (£55) by Fmly store (www.thefmlystore.com) this is definitely a statement office piece.
2. This Isidora pleated metallic skirt (£155) from Reiss (www.reiss.com) is the most gorgeous one we've seen. It's going quickly but it comes in several different colours if this one is snapped up. It can be dressed up with a pair of heels or down with a nice pair of pumps for the office depending on your style.
3. This leather jacket (£295) from Hush (www.hush-uk.com) is a must on my wish list. I (Sarah) have been looking for a leather jacket for ages and I may have stumbled across a great contender (need to be tried on before I commit though!)
4. How cute are these silver bird charm earrings from Alice Eden (www.aliceeden.co.uk) We don't need to say much about these as they speak for themselves...just gorgeous!
5. Next on this list is a bracelet from Bella Jane (www.bellajanejewellery.co.uk) I (Sarah) am a HUGE fan, she makes the most beautiful jewellery and I'm building a collection of her bracelets. I currently own (and wear everyday) the horseshoe, the angel wing and the heart, I think I'd like the feather next please (but I'm honestly not fussy as I love them all!)
6. It finishes off any outfit, seamlessly transitions you from work to the gym in style and every girl should have one of these on their wish lists this year, yes it's one of our Bagoda bags (£135-£155) (www.bagodadesigns.com)!
7. Plan and organise 2019 with this diary (£15.95) from Martha Brook (www.marthabrook.com) All the stationery in this brand is super pretty but you can personalise it too to make it extra special.
Both Helen and I work, work out and run a family so at the end of the day when the little ones are down we sprint to get the comfies on, kick back and relax. These are some of the products that made our final edit in this category.
1. First point of call is to run a warm bath and we love the Ambre Vanille Honey Bath by Laura Mercier (reduced from £33 to £28.05 in www.Libertylondon.com) Twirl this into your bath using the honey spatula for a luxury bathing experience.
2. Just look at these slippers (£25) from Victoria Secrets (www.victoriasecrets.com).
Bows and super soft, seriously what's not to love!
3. Another find from the same retailer above, we're seeing stars in these seriously twinkly pyjamas (£49) from Victoria secrets (www.victoriasecrets.com)
4. To relax it's important to give you're home a wonderful aroma and this candle (£45) from Neom (www.neomorganics.com) has a trademark pending for a scent to calm and relax. These sound the business for busy working mums and we want to give these a try.
5. When the pj's and slippers are on and the candles are lit it's time to crack open a bottle and we LOVE this Rhubarb gin by local Harrogate company Slingsby Gin (www.spiritofharrogate.co.uk)
Hopefully you'll find our wish list helpful and you might get some inspiration for presents you'd like to see sitting under your tree this year.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.
Love Sarah and Helen